ENCON’s Role and Compensation
1. Relationship. ENCON is acting as the managing general agent and program manager for our selected insurance carriers (The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (Manulife), Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. (Industrial Alliance), and Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada (RSA)) to provide retiree insurance, including health, dental, life, travel, and convalescent care, to its clients. As the managing general agent for the carriers, ENCON will perform all of the functions necessary to quote, and upon your acceptance, issue this insurance coverage for you. In accordance with industry custom, ENCON is compensated by each of the insurance carriers for the management and administration of these insurance programs. ENCON’s compensation is calculated as a percentage of the insurance premium charged by the carriers. ENCON will provide you with additional information about our compensation upon your request. You may obtain this information by calling us toll free at 1-877-732-2879 or emailing us at email@example.com.
Your Acceptance of these Terms
2. You Accept Posted Terms. Any time you make use of this Site, you agree to comply with and be bound by the Terms in effect on your date of access (see “effective date” above). If you do not agree to be bound by the Terms, you should not access or view this Site.
3. You Accept Amendments to Terms. Please be aware that ENCON may amend the Terms from time to time. While, at its sole discretion, ENCON may require you to directly acknowledge your acceptance of these Terms, including upon material changes to the Terms, you are on notice that your ongoing use of the Site alone constitutes your acceptance of the Terms and any changes. If we make changes to these Terms, we will update the “Effective Date” at the top of the page. Accordingly, please continue to review the Terms whenever accessing the Site.
4. You are Legally Capable of Accepting the Terms. You are at least 18 years old and/or possess the legal authority to form legally binding contracts under applicable law to use this Site.
5. Your Other Written Agreements are Separate from These Terms.These Terms govern your use of this website and are separate from the terms or conditions of any other agreements you have entered into with ENCON.
Your Obligations as a User of this Site
6. Your Account.In order to use this Site, you may be required to register an account. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login credentials and for all activities undertaken by any party using your account. You agree to notify ENCON immediately (toll free 1-877-732-2879) if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security. ENCON will not be liable for any loss you incur based on another party’s use of your account, either with or without your consent, but your actions may make you liable for losses sustained by ENCON or others. You agree not to use anyone else's account without the express permission of the account holder and ENCON’s authorization.
7. Prohibited Uses.You agree not to make any use of this Site that:
8. Linking. You may not make any part of the Site available as part of another website, whether by hyperlink framing on the Internet, caching or otherwise, unless you have been authorized to do so in writing by ENCON. ENCON reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames. ENCON specifically disclaims any responsibility for the contents of any third party websites that link to this Site, and for any injury you may incur from third party websites linking or framing this Site.
Site Purpose and Content
9. Intellectual Property. You understand and agree that the Site has been developed by ENCON and our licensors through the expenditure of substantial time, effort and money and constitutes valuable intellectual property and trade secrets of ENCON. You further agree that the Site, including but not limited to text, content, photographs, video, audio and graphics is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, international treaties and/or other proprietary rights and laws of Canada and other countries. The Site is also protected as a collective work or compilation under Canadian copyright and other laws and treaties. All individual articles, columns and other elements making up the Site are also copyrighted works. The trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, designs, and sounds associated with the Site are owned by ENCON or third parties. You agree to abide by all applicable copyright, trademark, and other laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in the Site. You may download materials from the Site and/or print a reasonable number of copies for your personal use or use within your organization, provided that all copies retain all copyright and other proprietary notices.
10. License. You understand and agree that accessing and/or using the Site does not grant you any ownership, rights, or licenses to the Site other than the limited right to use the Site in accordance with the Terms.
11. Site Content; Availability. You understand that the Site is provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE.” Your access is limited both by our Site functionality and the Terms. ENCON reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of this Site and to restrict or prohibit access to it.
12. Links to Third Party Websites. Solely for your convenience, this Site may provide links and/or redirect you to third party websites. ENCON has no control over third party websites, is not liable for their accuracy, content, or security, and makes no endorsement of third party websites’ owners, contents, or services. Your use of third party websites is at your sole risk, so you should review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third party websites prior to use.
13. Global Access. ENCON is based in the Province of Ontario, Canada and provides this Site for use by persons located in Canada. We make no claims that the Site or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of Canada, and you are responsible for ensuring any use you make of this Site complies with local law.
14. NO WARRANTIES. You acknowledge and agree that this Site is provided by ENCON on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis, without any warranties or guarantees. To the extent permitted by law, ENCON disclaims all conditions, representations and warranties, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, accuracy of informational content, system integration, non-infringement of third party rights, quiet enjoyment, and uninterrupted or error free operation.
15. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY. ENCON and its subsidiaries, managers, employees, officers, agents, subcontractor, suppliers, and licensors accept no liability to you arising from your use of this Site. To the extent permitted by law, ENCON will not be liable to you for damages of any kind, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, even if ENCON or any of its agents has been advised of the possibility of damages arising from your use of or reliance on the Site, including but not limited to direct, indirect, general, incidental, special, punitive, and consequential damages and damages for loss of use, loss of data, loss of goodwill, loss of profits, work stoppage, accuracy of results, or computer malfunction.
ENCON’s Rights and Duties Regarding User Conduct and Submissions
16. Use of Information You Submit. By submitting information on this Site, you grant ENCON, its affiliated companies, its service providers, and sub-licensees permission to use your information in connection with the operation of their businesses including, without limitation, the rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your information. You agree that ENCON may use any information it collects in connection with this Site for data analytics purposes, including but not limited to benchmarking, modeling, consulting, creating insights, reports and other analytics to provide, improve the quality of, and market ENCON’s products and services. Where required by law, we obtain your consent prior to such use and/or utilize de-identified and/or aggregated data for analytics.
17. Consent to Receive Electronic Delivery of Statements, Policy Documents and Notifications for Your ENCON Insurance Coverage. If you have registered an account on an ENCON secure website, you consent to receive your Statements, Policy Documents and website Notifications in electronic form rather than in paper form. Your consent takes effect immediately, although depending on the date you registered with us for online services, you may receive one more paper delivery by regular mail.
You understand and agree that we will notify you via email when new Statements, Policy Documents and website Notifications are available. It is your responsibility to ensure the email address included on your account profile is correct, up-to-date and functioning. ENCON will not be responsible to you in any way for any damages or costs incurred by you as a result of your failure to:
1. Receive an email notification; or
2. Review your electronic Statements, Policy Documents and Notifications.
18. Privacy. You agree that all personal information you provide or that we collect about you through this Site is governed by our Privacy Notice.
19. Monitoring; Termination. ENCON, in its sole discretion, has the right to (i) remove or refuse to post any user content, (ii) disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights or in response to a subpoena, (iii) take appropriate legal action, including referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site, and (iv) suspend your access to this Site and refuse to provide you with any further access to it or any content. You agree that ENCON is not liable for any damages you may suffer from its exercise of these rights.
20. Assignment. ENCON may assign these Terms and its rights and obligations under these Terms without your consent and at its sole discretion. You may not assign or transfer your rights and obligations under these Terms.
21. No Waiver. ENCON’s failure to assert its rights at any time will not be deemed a waiver of these Terms. No consent or waiver will be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties.
Specific Legal Issues
22. Governing Law and Venue. YYou agree that any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Site or these Terms will be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario without reference to conflict of laws principles that would require the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. You agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of courts located in the province of Ontario.
23. INDEMNIFICATION. To the extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify ENCON and its affiliates, employees, officers, directors, agents, successors, and assigns against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against ENCON as a result of your use of this Site or your breach of these Terms
24. Invalidation of Terms. If a competent authority finds any portion of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, you agree that all other Terms will remain in effect.
25. Void Where Prohibited; Restrictions. ENCON reserves the right to limit, in its sole discretion, the provision and quantity of any feature, product or service on this website to any person or geographic area. Any offer for any feature, product or service made on the website is void where prohibited. If you choose to access the website from outside Canada , you do so on your own initiative and you are solely responsible for complying with applicable local laws. This website is not intended or authorized (a) for use in any territory or by any party subject to sanctions or export restrictions under laws applicable to ENCON or you, or (b) in the case that website access or use in a territory or by a party would expose ENCON or its affiliates to any sanction, prohibition or restriction under UN Security Council Resolutions or other trade or economic sanctions laws or regulations. You may not use, export or re(export) this website or any copy or adaptation of this website in violation United Nations Security Council Resolutions or applicable laws.
How to Contact Us
26. Agent for Notice of Claimed Copyright Infringement. ENCON respects the intellectual property rights of authors. To assist copyright owners, ENCON has appointed an agent to receive notifications of allegations of copyright infringement regarding materials available on the Site. Any person authorized to act for a copyright owner may notify us of such claims by contacting us in writing at the following address:
Attn: Copyright Agent
500-1400 Blair Place
Ottawa, Ontario K1J 8B9
27. Contact. Any inquiries regarding this Site or these Terms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to ENCON Group Inc., 500-1400 Blair Place, Ottawa, Ontario K1J 8B9.